Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stanley Seagull



Stanley Seagull by Cathy Mazur is a very cute book! I originally got it to read to my daughter. But, I think it's a bit over her head. She's five and she likes a book with cadence, rhyme and rhythm. This book has more of a moral story to it. I would say this is more of a book for a child in elementary school. Stanley learns that there's no place like home. It would be a cute book paired with watching the Wizard of Oz in a thematic unit in a classroom in perhaps a 2nd or 3rd grade.

If you're looking for an enjoyable book for this age range, I highly recommend. It's cute, an easy read, and a sweet little moral at the end. There's even a Stanley Seagull Facebook!! Check it out, I promise, you'll enjoy.

Disney Dreaming,

Leslie





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. Leslie, I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading "Stanley Seagull." I like your pairing it with "The Wizard of Oz" for 2nd and 3rd graders. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really thought it was super cute! I've always wanted to write a children's book! It takes a real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete