Friday, August 19, 2011
Thanks to Child's Play Party, we had a really fun Disney Channel, First Ever!, Phineas and Ferb
Across the 2nd Dimension Movie Screening.
We had so much fun! Tattoo Time, Great Food, Trivia with Prizes, Masks, Make your own Perry's and Lots of Swag!
We also had blue decor, blue chip bowls, and we even found Phineas and Ferb Fun Dip for Prizes!
My daughter is our very own little Agent P!
Who are those masked kids? ;)
INTENTLY watching the movie!
The kids LOVED the movie!
Make your own Perry Time!
Make your own Perry's (Our friend's BEAUTIFUL daughter!)
Perry's Body - Twinkie, Frosted by the kids (Using white frosting and green and blue tints from Wilton), Tails were Voortman chocolate cookies, beaks were golden Oreos, Eyes were marshmallows and chocolate chips!
Claire had a happy day with our fun party!
Thanks again to Child's Play Party! We would have another party in a minute with them! I highly recommend it!!
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
Have you been to Pinterest? I just LOVE this new (addictive) site! Million Dream Mom showed me, and now I'm hooked. It's hard to get your OWN code, but I can send you the gift of a code! Just leave a comment here, and I'll be happy to email one over to you so you can join the fun!
Sponsored by Tomoson.com I have a wonderful girlfriend who was kind enough to review this nursing product. While I am no longer nursing, I remember all too well the challenges. If you are someone who is a little leery of nursing in public, you could consider a nursing cover. But there's one problem with MOST nursing covers. In my experience, babies are not fans of them. They are hot, and annoying. My daughter would always flip it up so that the world saw her nursing. I wish we'd had this product when I was breastfeeding. Here's the review of the BabyBond Flex from my friend:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
So here's what I thought...
1. Great that your baby isn't covered - I have one of the kinds that hide the baby and H gets annoyed with it or plays with it, plus he gets hot. So with this there isn't any of that and you and the baby can see each other and still interact.
2. It's nice and small, rolls up in the handy fabric pouch that's included, easy to slip into diaper bag.
3. The burp cloth that's included is super soft, and detachable to make it easy to use and wash and lets you use other clothes instead.
4. Easy to put on and blends in - doesn't scream that you're using a cover to nurse
5. The packaging is nice. Sleek, modern and attractive. Has an upscale feeling to it. Plus it was very easy to open and reuse if wanted.
6. It's great that it's made in the USA
7. Easily machine washable
Happy nursing baby with perfect cover for Mommy. I love this picture.
Picture of the one Con she found with it - and her solution
1. It's a little big. I got the size that's appropriate for my weight and height. Because of the extra room, it didn't hug my body enough to where I felt comfortable that I was going to stay covered. I had to keep moving the top panel to make sure everything was hidden. One thing that could easily solve this is if they added a band at the bottom that could slide up to your body, so the extra fabric was kinda tied up close to you to take away the extra slack. This is what the third pic is for - trying to show what I mean. After I did that then the top part didn't really move on me, so I felt covered. But I lost a hand doing this, so it would be nice if something was built in to solve this problems.
The kind people at BabyBond have offered to provide one of my readers with their OWN nursing cover. Here's all you need to do to enter: